Image Map

8.26.2011

Borrowed

I totally stole this blog post idea.

I was pouring through the archives of Newlymeds, a blog written by K about her life with her M.D. hubby Doctor J. K left a comment on my blog a while back, and I was so overcome with joy at discovering a new pair of eyes looking at my blog that I decided to mosey on over to her site and cyber stalk her. Yay for K!

Just kidding. Yay for me. K's blog is great. She loves the farmer's market, recently made peach cobbler (so did I!) and doesn't mind a little dirt on her fresh-picked berries. I think we'd be friends.

But anyway, I shamelessly shoplifted this little list from her blog. Here's a little about me, at this moment in time:

reading:
Faithful Place by Tana French (read more on my French fixation here).
loving: Mint chocolate chip ice cream in a sugar cone. I think it's safe to say I'm overloving this one.
enjoying: The sunny, breezy 75-degree mornings that come before the sweaty afternoon heat and thunderstorms.
running: I have big plans for running. I'm determined to run a 5K for a good cause this fall. Training starts....tomorrow.
hoping: To find my bliss. Professionally, anyway. I believe it's out there somewhere.
favorite meal: Of the day? Dinner. Specifically? This summer I can't get enough portabello veggie burgers topped with grilled onions and provolone, with sliced sweet potatoes on the side. Cooked on the grill and crispy, thanks.
excited: To have been asked to do a reading at my cousin's September wedding. Can't wait.
working on: My last few stories for the paper. T-minus two weeks until I am no longer a journalist. Weird.
eating: Baby carrots dipped in tzatziki. Yum.
drinking: Fair trade Bolivian coffee from Trader Joe's.
latest find: A flowy white sleeveless blouse on the clearance rack. Gorgeous. I didn't get it because I'm on a shopping freeze. But I'm seriously considering going back. Clearance, people!
found: The little silver back to my new stud earring. I did not find the earring. Fail.
channeling: The career gods. Please figure out my dang life path for me.
cooking disaster: Made a beautiful, golden, bubbly veggie pizza and didn't put enough cooking spray on the pan. It came up in shreds. Curses.


Before

After

preparing:
To start feeling very poor again. No income for the road ahead.
latest obsession: The Cults
craving: Green Mountain Gringo salsa, medium. I can't buy it anymore because I just eat the whole jar in one sitting.
wishing: For the good Lord to please take away my jiggly bits. And for world peace.

Okay now, will someone else repost this with their own answers and send me a link? Good idea?

Good idea.

This photo has nothing to do with this post. But I thought it needed a picture, and this one's an interesting one. That's a mural painted on the back of the photography studio where Alex works. The artist's name is Roa and he does similar work on buildings all over the world. I got to see him in action painting this one. Very cool.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha, aw your poor pizza ;) I'll bet it still tasted good. That is a cool mural!!

Newlymeds said...

love it!! ;)

Reina said...

lol, i was just going to comment 'poor pizza' and then saw it was basically posted above ;D

And i recently just bought a white flowy top just like the one you described except it wasnt on sale (but i hada coupon luckily!)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

that pizza definitely need to be made at my house!

Megan said...

Even in shreds, it was delicious! And SO easy. This is my go-to meal when I don't feel like slaving over the stove all day. And the veggies make me feel like it's healthy!