Image Map

8.06.2011

Coffee buzz

Yep, I know I'm drinking white wine out of a glass made for red,
but it's the last wine glass left in my cupboards.
Read on to get an idea of what happens to all of them...


You know how some people drink coffee to try to sober up?

Well I'm doing the opposite right now. I'm drinking a glass of wine at 4:30 in the afternoon to try to reverse the effects of the high-octane coffee I drank this morning. I'm telling you, I feel like I'm on drugs. I gotta make it stop.

Our morning ritual generally includes making our own coffee. But we woke up to find only enough milk to either make pancakes or garnish our coffee. Pancakes won. I got a Starbucks gift card from the PR rep of a writer I interviewed this week, so Alex and I set out to the cafe around the corner for our morning joe.

I never drink Starbucks. Ever. I think their coffee tastes like burnt compost, frankly, and also that they're stupidly overpriced. I'm a make-your-own-coffee kind of gal. Or at least a funky, independent coffee shop kind of gal (you know, like the kind of coffee shop Starbucks used to be, once upon a time in Seattle). But I recently gave up sugar in my coffee, and today I was just craving something fancy and a little bit sweet. So I ordered the Skinny Vanilla Latte. Um, the thing tasted like a Snickers bar melted into a coffee cup. It was super sweet. And not in a good way.

The pancakes looked a little deformed this week,
but I assure you, they tasted damn good!

And the bad news doesn't end there. Hours later, I am literally flying from this thing. I am jittery, cranky, and fidgety. And so is Alex. He got the Mocha Latte. Apparently Starbucks doesn't know the difference between coffee and liquid chocolate bars. And his jitters are even worse. After he poured me my first glass of wine, it ended up in shards all over our living room floor. He tried to set it down on our coffee table, but apparently his own jitters had other plans for the wine glass (one more in a long line of wine glass losses due to a sprinkle of jitters and a touch of clumsiness.)

I thought I was used to strong coffee. I mean, we drink French press every morning. Isn't that supposed to be the potent stuff?

In other business, I know it's been a little while, but I finally got around to trying out a Topsy Tail at this lady's suggestion. I did the modified version, but I think it came out pretty well. I'm still trying to get used to having my hair down, though. It's been so flippin humid here that it ends up in a knot on the top of my head, every day.

So here are today's results. What do you think?




Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

1 comment:

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

So, soooo cute!! I never thought to do it that way!! I shall be trying this as well. :)